George S. Haymans, IV
Primary Practice Areas
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions & Development
- Real Estate Finance & Due Diligence
- Land Use, Planning & Zoning
- Agricultural & Timber Law
- Wills & Estates
- General Chancery Practice
- Criminal Misdemeanors
George prides himself on providing the best representation to his clients. His law practice is distinguished by one theme — culturing relationships with a small number of unique clients so that he can precisely and effectively facilitate his client’s success in achieving their desires, values and ideas.
George is a real estate attorney with Haymans & Co., PLLC (the “Firm”) focusing his practice on acquisition, sales and refinances of commercial and residential real estate as well as the due diligence and contractual matters associated therewith. He represents a regional group of developers and general contractors in all facets of real estate projects including acquisition, plan approval and the drafting of necessary infrastructure documents for PUDs, subdivisions, condominiums and multi-use developments. His experience includes commercial and multi-family development projects in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Throughout the Firm’s primary service area, George regularly handles commercial and residential transactions and title evaluations; acting to advise neighborhood and condominium associations on corporate structure and governance plans; and the full range of issues relating to real estate projects.
George is also a Founder and Manager of Mississippi Title Group, LLC (“MTG”), a statewide title insurance agent, representing OREXCO, Fidelity, Commonwealth, and Stewart Title Guaranty companies. Since 2012, MTG has participated in closing insuring over $1,500,000,000.00 of real property transactions. MTG has multiple offices throughout the State of Mississippi.
Before law school, George worked in Washington, D.C., serving as an agriculture intern with U.S. Senator Thad Cochran. While on Capitol Hill, George was actively involved in Farm Bill,
forestry and conservation legislation. It was during this time that George’s passion for the land and proactive energy grew into a position on the Ducks Unlimited Governmental Affairs team, where he regularly met with Members of Congress to effect implementation and funding of critical conservation programs.
While in law school at Ole Miss, George became a licensed real estate broker and gained invaluable experience managing agricultural property in the Mississippi Delta. With this foundation, George continues to represent producers and absentee landowners in the management of farm and timber acreage, including the use of government programs, wildlife leases and conservation measures to increase productivity and revenue. He currently represents one of the larger property management companies in the area in lease review, litigation and collection matters.
George frequently teaches seminars and CLEs on foreclosure issues, resolving title defects, landlord tenant law and ethical considerations for real estate lawyers and real estate agents.
George, his wife and children made Oxford their permanent home in 2003. Based in the Firm’s Oxford office, George regularly works on projects across the multi-state region served by the Firm. In addition to his work, George and his family enjoy travel, family outings and involvement with outdoor sports. They are active in local, regional and state community work, and are members of Oxford University United Methodist Church.
Activities & Affiliations
- Mississippi State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Land Title Association
- Southeast Land Title Association
- Mississippi Land Title Association
- Lafayette County Bar Association
- Mississippi Mortgage Bankers Association
- North Central Mississippi Board of Realtors
- University of Mississippi, Real Estate Advisory Board
- Adjunct Professor of Real Estate and Business Law
- Board of Directors of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (West Tennessee)
- Board of Directors of the Ole Miss Wesley Foundation (Mississippi)
Educational & Professional Background
- University of Mississippi
- University of Mississippi School of Law
- Admitted to Practice: Mississippi
- Admitted to Practice: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Admitted to Practice: United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- Partner, Haymans & Company, PLLC
- Founder, Mississippi Title Group, LLC (Statewide Title Agency)
- Associate with Wells, Marble & Hurst, PLLC
- Associate with Biggs, Ingram, Solop & Farris, PLLC
- Judicial Clerk, Chancellor Edwin H. Roberts, Jr., Oxford MS 2005-2006
- Law Clerk, Molpus Timberlands Management, Hattiesburg MS 2004