George S. Haymans, IV
Primary Practice Areas
- Residential & Commercial Real Estate Transactions & Development
- Real Estate Finance & Due Diligence
- Land Use, Planning, & Zoning
- Agricultural & Timber Law
- Wills & Estates
- General Chancery Practice
- Criminal Misdemeanors
Real Estate & Criminal Defense Lawyer In Oxford
George prides himself on providing the best legal services for his clients. His real estate and criminal law practice is distinguished by one theme: cultivating relationships with a small number of unique clients so that he can precisely and effectively facilitate his clients’ success in bringing their desires, values, and ideas to life.
George is a real estate lawyer and criminal defense attorney with Haymans & Company. He focuses his practice on acquisition, sales, and refinances of commercial and residential real estate, as well as the due diligence and contractual matters associated therewith. He represents a regional group of developers and general contractors in all facets of real estate projects including acquisition, plan approval, and the drafting of necessary infrastructure documents for PUDs, subdivisions, condominiums, and multi-use developments. His experience includes commercial and multi-family development projects in Alabama, Mississippi and Florida. Throughout the real estate law firm’s primary service area, George regularly handles commercial and residential transactions and title evaluations, advises neighborhood and condominium associations on corporate structure and governance plans, and assists with the full range of issues relating to real estate law.
George is also a founder and manager of Mississippi Title Group, LLC (MTG), a statewide title insurance agent, representing OREXCO, Fidelity, Commonwealth, and Stewart Title Guaranty companies. Since 2012, MTG has participated in closing insuring over $15 billion of real property transactions. MTG has multiple offices throughout the state of Mississippi. In addition to his involvement with MTG, George frequently teaches seminars and CLEs on foreclosure issues, resolving title defects, landlord tenant law and ethical considerations for real estate lawyers and real estate agents. He also specializes in criminal law, and he provides legal advice and representation for clients who are facing DUIs, MIPs, assault charges, and more.
Before law school, George worked in Washington, D.C., serving as an agriculture intern with U.S. Senator Thad Cochran. While on Capitol Hill, George was actively involved in the farm bill, forestry, and conservation legislation. It was during this time that George’s passion for the land and proactive energy grew into a position on the Ducks Unlimited Governmental Affairs team, where he regularly met with members of the United States Congress to effect implementation and funding of critical conservation programs.
While in law school at Ole Miss, George became a licensed real estate broker and gained invaluable experience managing agricultural property in the Mississippi Delta. With this foundation, George continues to represent producers and absentee landowners in the management of farm and timber acreage, including the use of government programs, wildlife leases, and conservation measures to increase productivity and revenue. He currently represents one of the larger property management companies in the area in lease review, litigation, and collection matters.
George made Oxford his permanent home in 2003. Based in the firm’s Oxford office, George regularly works on projects across the multi-state region served by Haymans & Company. In addition to his work in real estate and criminal law, George and Annie, his wife, and their three children enjoy traveling, family outings, and involvement with outdoor sports. They are active in local, regional, and state community work, and are members of Oxford University United Methodist Church.
Activities & Affiliations
- Mississippi State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Land Title Association
- Southeast Land Title Association
- Mississippi Land Title Association
- Lafayette County Bar Association
- Mississippi Mortgage Bankers Association
- North Central Mississippi Board of Realtors
- University of Mississippi, Real Estate Advisory Board
- Adjunct Professor of Real Estate and Business Law
- Board of Directors of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (West Tennessee)
- Board of Directors of the Ole Miss Wesley Foundation (Mississippi)
Educational & Professional Background
- University of Mississippi
- University of Mississippi School of Law
- Admitted to Practice: Mississippi
- Admitted to Practice: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Admitted to Practice: United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- Partner, Haymans & Company, PLLC
- Founder, Mississippi Title Group, LLC (statewide title agency)
- Associate with Wells, Marble & Hurst, PLLC
- Associate with Biggs, Ingram, Solop & Farris, PLLC
- Judicial Clerk, Chancellor Edwin H. Roberts, Jr., Oxford MS 2005-2006
- Law Clerk, Molpus Timberlands Management, Hattiesburg MS 2004