There are simply times when things may not go your way in court, however, it is important to note, when facing DUI charges, that being found guilty in Justice Court or Municipal Court may not be the end of the line for your case. Even when unsuccessful in your trial, you do still have the right to appeal to a higher court, Circuit Court. However, while you have this right, it is not unlimited. Your notice of appeal must be filed within 30 days of your conviction or you lose your opportunity to appeal. It is always important to discuss the appeals process with your attorney so that you are able to make the decision which is best for you.